Friday, April 17, 2009

Mommy/Daughter Day

I had a couple of days off this week and Eva and I tried to make the most of our time together.  We really enjoyed being together, of course :).  We picked up lunch at Nature's Way Cafe and took it to the beach.  Eva has not liked the beach so far.  She doesn't like the texture of the sand and the water is intimidating.  So I made sure we sat right in the sand to eat and play!  She didn't cry she just balances on her butt, so her hands and feet don't get sandy and then she looks up at me like, "why are we doing this again?" But after her legs got tired she finally put them in the sand and after realizing sand on her hand wasn't taboo she really enjoyed watching the waves.  

We went down to the water and put our feet in.  She loved the water rushing over her feet even though it was cold!  The picture that is a close up of her face laughing and looking down was the face she was making when her hands and feet were in the rushing water.  

Then we went to the MareineLife Center and saw some sea turtles! Very fun!


2 comments:

Justin and Aimee said...

That was wonderful Honey. I'm glad you took pictures though I couldn't be there. (Daddy)

Bethany Rose said...

Wish I could be there! Could of been a Grandma, daughter, granddaughter day... Big sigh, little tear or little sigh, big tears (more like it).
Love you.