Saturday, May 15, 2010

Battling with Eva Meva

I have been having a tough time with Eva at nap time. Resolving tantrums has been getting better. I have been having her take a deep breath and fold your hands and legs. And for the most part it works. She slowly calms herself down and wipes her face.

Nap time has been a nightmare. Trying to keep Eva in her bed was impossible. Keeping her in her bed without jumping, screaming or banging was totally unattainable. I have been getting so frustrated and discouraged by my lack of wisdom on how to handle it. I have pretty much had a break down almost everyday with tears.

I put a computer in her room with a video surveilance of her via skype, Justin's laptop to my netbook. That worked out OK, but she would not sleep because it only caused her to be still and very stimulated.

Well tonight I finally got a little bit of love. I took out for a walk before bed because she still had so much energy. We ran and talked about the moon and stars and she realized the sun was hiding. she sat on the grass and I sat beside her. She laid down and so did I. When she got up she came over and kissed me and brushed my hair with her hand so sweet and gently. I almost cried. She started to walk away so I sat up. She said, "You lay in the grass." She said it very sweet and gently but still motioning her hand for me to lie back down. So i did. And she came once more and gave me a kiss and gently brushed my hair with her little hand. I cried. It was so precious. Just what my heart needed.

No comments: