Monday, May 12, 2008

My First Mother's Day

Well, it has been a wonderful weekend! My Mom, Dad and Mother-in-law went out of their way to make my first Mother’s Day special! My mom even thought of little Eva Mae as a future Mama and got her presents too! So sweet! Justin, since Eva is too little to be planning such events, went above and beyond, as usual, to make me feel special and let me know that I am appreciated. I wanted to go out to dinner the day before Mother's day to avoid the crowds, so we went to dinner Saturday.

Dinner: He took me out to Yum Yum Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar for dinner. I love sushi! I had an avocado roll, an eel roll and an avocado, cream cheese salmon roll with fried rice on the side. Yum Yum! It was a wonderful atmosphere and Eva behaved so well. She slept through most of dinner. Aside from a drunk stranger trying to hold Eva - it was a wonderful evening!

Dessert: Justin took me to our favorite Gelato place. Everyone in the area should try it! It’s at the SW corner of Northlake and US-1. I had a mix of cappuccino and bittersweet chocolate. We have not had it in a long time, so it was very tasty.

Mother's day: Justin went out of his way constantly to do everything for me - get Eva in and out of the car, put the stroller in and out of the car, bring everything in from the car when we went to the grocery store, washed my feet, rubbed my feet, opened the door for me, took care of lunch and dinner and clean up, and let me pick out a movie to watch. It was a wonderful day of rest for me and I was reminded of how cherished I am. What more could I possibly ask for?!

Justin you are a wonderful husband. I love you!


Eva on Mother's Day

No comments: