Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Vaccinations

Today is Eva's 4 month birthday, and what present does she get from the doctor?  Oh no, not one present but 5!  5 shots.  

We were unsure of what to do about vaccines so we did not give Eva shots until today.  This was her first round and she did so well, I am really proud of her!  The nurse gave her 5 shots and applied 5 bandages within 2 minutes tops.  She screamed for a few minutes, ate, had some tylenol and was smiling and talking within 10 minutes.  



2 comments:

Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Ouch! That looks like it hurt.

I'm friends with Aimee's mom, Bethany. We go to the same church and have dubbed her our Colorado Grandma as we have no relatives around here and she loves to hold our daughter, Taeya each week. Taeya was due on 1/13/08 but decided she didn't want to wait that long. She was born 12/26/07 after a failed version (the docs tried to turn her because she was breech but it didn't work and we had to have a c-section instead).
Eva is a beautiful baby and I enjoyed reading the posts about her since she was born. :) Congratulations. Feel free to stop by my blog if you'd like.
-Megan

Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Oh, by the way, I too was cautious about vaccinations. I think they're important but a bit scary to be putting so much into such a little body. I work at a vet clinic where we give a max of 2 vaccs at a time to the animals so as not to overstress their system. Many of them are larger than my daughter.
After Taeya's 2 months shots (4 at once) I've decided to break them down so for her 4 month shots, I just did 2 and I'll wait 2 weeks and do 2 more. That way, her body has some time to process the drugs a bit more. Hope you don't mind me sharing. :)