Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Eva!

Eva is 7 months today!  And here's a little birthday shout out to my big brother too - you old fart! 

She loves to see little kids.  Today Eva and I were out with Justin for lunch and she was in her car-seat.  A 3 1/2 year old said, "I just washed my hands.  Can I touch the baby's hands?"  I said yes.  Little Naomi set her hand on the edge of Eva's car seat.  Eva, ever so sweetly, rested her hand on top of Naomi's and left it there!  Eva started looking at the little girl and talking purposefully while trying to sit up enough to get out of her car-seat - still keeping her hand on Naomi's.  I took Eva out of the car seat and let her stand on my lap.  The two little girls held hands and looked at each other.  They really seemed to have a special connection!  It made me excited about the idea of Eva having siblings someday.

I took Eva over to the community park after lunch.  For the first time I put her in the baby swing instead of swinging with her on my lap.  She grabbed on to the cords and looked very happy.  She is a little girl!  We went down a slide and climbed around for a few minutes.  We went inside the community center and shot hoops.  We actually made a few- swishhhh!  Never know what she will be interested in so I might as well give her options :).  We went back to the park with Justin after dinner and took some pictures.









No comments: