Thursday, August 28, 2008

Late Night Musings

Justin here.  I've been trying to get up early for personal time to read, which means I've been trying to get to bed earlier as well.  That said, I'm up later than I should be right now.  

Eva has a cold (again!) so she isn't sleeping very soundly tonight.  When I checked on her she woke up, but she was so tired she just looked at me and closed her eyes again.  She was holding my finger in her hand for a minute, then when I thought she was asleep and went to pull away she grabbed it a little tighter.  That's a good feeling.  

It's the feeling I was hoping for before she was born.  It's the response I foolishly assumed I would get from Eva the moment she was born.  I thought she'd love me automatically - which as a new first time father was about my only comfort!  I suppose she may have loved us, but couldn't really show it.  These past few months as she's grown she's been able to respond to our love more and more and it's been wonderful.  I wouldn't trade it for anything.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are both great parents! Love, Aunt Carole