Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sea Turtle

Today Eva and I were hanging out by the edge of the water at the beach and we spotted a baby sea turtle trying to get past where the waves break but was unsuccessful. So not really knowing what to do I picked him up. He seemed happy in the comfort of my still hand - instead of being tossed about by the waves. He adjusted his little flippers over my fingers and was still. I thought that we should get him past where the waves break, but since I had Eva I couldn't go too far out, so Eva and I enlisted the help of a little boy Nick. He was so excited! Eva loved it too. She kept saying, "Turtle!" over and over. Now that its all said and done I realize the turtle probably needed to be dropped further out at sea or needed to be taken to the Marine Life Center for them to decide. In the moment and excitement I unfortunately wasn't thinking that clearly.

I would also like to note that today was the first time Eva went out into the ocean! I was in just below my chest so she was in waste deep. She was so calm the entire time we were there. She loved it.

Here are some pictures of our precious turtle. Check out Eva in her beach wear. She kept the hat and glasses on the entire time - even when we were out in the water.




1 comment:

Bethany Rose said...

That is so awesome Honey! Glad you got some photos too!