Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Eva Mae

Well my little baby is such a big girl. She is so smart and articulates her thoughts so well that sometimes I forget that she is only 3. Its only when I am standing next her and see how short, tiny and precious she is ...that I remember my daughter is such a little girl. She is so smart! I know a lot of people say that kids will manipulate you and well I know that it is true, but I wish I had a better word to describe it.

She is learning her boundaries. I have had a hard time getting on to her about certian things because she is so sweet. She would get out of bed, knowing that she shouldn't, and say things to me like, "But I just love you. I just want you to hold me and cuddle with me. Its because I want you." How do you spank a child when they say that? That is genius for a 2 year old! yes she was saying those very words before she was 3.

She is really trying to ask for help before she gets frustrated and just speak without whining in general about everything. She has making a lot of efforts and it has been really nice to hear her sweet little girl voice.

The other day she was so tired and had missed her nap because we had taken a day to go to the outlet malls in north Georgia. Well she got herself so worked up that I had to put her in time out. Once she had finally calmed down I told her it was time to walk to the car and drive home. She stood up and asked so sweetly, "Carry me please mommy?" I told her, "Thank you for asking so sweetly but I am so tired and its not far, you need to walk." She replied kindly, " But I am happy and smiling. Carry me please Mommy." Now that she is asking properly she has to also learn that just because you ask nicely doesn't mean that you can get whatever you want.


Her imagination is wonderful. Everyday she is a different animal. She loves animals. A fox, a dog, giraffe, elephant, etc. She also has started with adventure playing. For example she will play on the edge of the couch and say that she doesn't want to fall into the fire or the water - "oh no!"

She loves to cuddle but also hates it. She is getting to the transition stage :). She is a source of great pride to me.

Ask her her name and she will say, "Eva Mae Honse!" very confidently. Her age, "I'm free!" while holding up three fingers.

No comments: