Monday, March 30, 2009

Communicating and Obedience

Eva has been saying her words more clearly!  She has said:
  • Chicken
  • Moe to ee pee = More To Eat please as she signs 
  • O's = Cheerio's
  • tedin = Trevin (the little boy I watch)
  • Baddy = Daddy
  • Mommy
  • mi = milk
  • Hi (she had said this as her first word at 3 or 4 months once, but is saying it again now)
  • Ball
  • "Mommy read me" (she held up a book to me)
Eva recently woke up crying in the middle of the night. Justin went to her and held her as she cried, he asked her, "what's wrong baby?"  She did sign language for milk, said, "mommy" 
and stopped crying.  She wait patiently until I came into the room!

Today when Trevin's mommy came to pick him up he was in the living room and Eva, Allison (Trevin's mommy) and I were standing in the dining room.  Allison asked Eva, "Where's Trevin?"  She walked past us, walked into the living room and stood next to Trevin.

New things she can do
  • Puts her books back on the bookshelf when its time to clean up
  • She takes a drink from her sippie cup and carefully puts it back on the table
  • Puts her magnets back on the fridge, magnatized side against the fridge
  • Makes a fishy face :)
  • Throws her diapers away 
  • Brushes her teeth (we're still working on getting her to not throw it into the sink when she's done though)
  • More successful with a fork than before
  • She loves to open and close doors!  Especially the front door.  If someone is leaving and we are saying our final goodbye's Eva shuts the door on them!  Haha!
Social Girl
  • Gives kisses on her own initiative to mommy and daddy
  • She waves at almost everyone.  if they don't wave to her she stares them down until they do.  Sometimes I just get their attention for her so she can then wave
  • She clearly has favorite books now!  She will grab one or two off her shelf herself more than any of the others.  She'll thoughtfully look for it and then select!
  • She picks a book, brings it to me and then flops onto my lap to look at it with me!  I love it!
  • She sings along with me and on her own.
  • Often claps in time with the music for short spurts
  • She tried to kick her mall like a soccer ball today
  • She asks for her naps! Lucky me!

No comments: