Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Getting Better All the Time






Well today is my 3rd day on my own with the girls. It was much more orderly and productive but has been challenging. I love this job but it definitely requires your strength and heart. One minute I'm laughing, another crying and the next aggravated. I took them on a walk today and Eva cuddled with Abby in the stroller for a few minutes, but when Abby started to fuss she kind of sat her up and told me, "you take her." lol so funny!

Being consistent with Eva seems to pay off - but not like I thought. Sometimes she is happy and joyful but she seems angry lately. I guess her moods are like mine. She is aggravated and frustrated. The pleasant moments we share seem to end with her somehow hurting herself. Today we both cried. Yesterday and today have been milestone days for Eva in the potty arena. Yesterday and today she has been in underwear all day and has not had one accident! She spent the night in a pull up. She did poop in the pull up and it looked she peed a couple times but it was so much less than usual I knew she was trying. Lately she has peed so much at night that she peed out of her diaper. We are very excited and proud of her!

Abby is sweet and trying to sleep on her own. Yesterday she was so sleepy that she would eat a little bit and fall asleep. I couldn't rouse her. Then she would wake up in an hour and a half or 2 and want to eat following the same pattern. She was more cranky too. So today I am trying to help her going longer between feedings so that she will eat more in one sitting and sleep more soundly in between the feedings. She has been awake for good chunks of time too. Maybe I'll get more sleep tonight! The other tow things that I have been trying to work on with Abby is getting her use to sleeping in the crib and not just with me or in the bassinet and putting herself to sleep. All is going well!

Justin is back at work and it hasn't been the hurricane that we anticipated. Also he doesn't seem as stressed. He is still doing as much as he can to help me when he is home which I really appreciate.

As you can see above we had a visit from Aunt Terry! She happens to be in the Jensen area for a little bit and came down to see us :).

No comments: