Wednesday, July 18, 2007

30th Birthday Surprise Party!

My wife had apparently been scheming over the past few months planning me a surprise party. I must say it was an awesome sight when I walked into the restaurant. At first glance I didn't even think I knew that many people! There was almost 50 people! Friends from church... friends from work... even my chiropractor was there! And if that wasn't enough, my good friend James from NJ showed up too!


I must admit, part way through the party when I noticed a lot of beer and not a lot of checks I got a little nervous, because I knew the work crew can really put 'em down. (The church group, incidentally, did not do likewise.) But, I did not let my mind wander too far as to worry. Even if the party was expensive, so what! I'm sure my wife knew what she was doing. I'd never had a surprise party before. I can't remember a time in my life when I've had so many good friends, and it was great to see them all in one place. Can you put a price on that?

1 comment:

Chris Goeppner said...

i wish penny & i could have come out. happy b-day! i cant believe your 30 dood!