Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Suspense is Killing Us!

Aimee had another doctor visit yesterday just to see how things are coming along. They took the obligatory urine sample to ensure there's still a baby in her belly. Also we got to hear the heartbeat again, which was nice and strong just like before. Plus, now the baby has moved up to her abdomen so it can start kicking her ribs in due time.

We were hoping that the stage 2 ultrasound would be scheduled quite quickly after this visit (within a few days) so we could find out if we'll be having a little boy or a little girl, but unfortunately they can't get us in until August 7! What a buzzkill.

Little known fact (at least, according to our doctor): The stage 2 ultrasound isn't scheduled to find out the baby's sex as is commonly thought. It's actually done to ensure the baby is forming properly with no defects or abnormalities. Finding out the sex is usually just something that happens while everything else is being checked out. It makes me happy to know that we have the technology to look into things so thoroughly now! Please pray for a healthy baby, boy or girl.

Everyone keeps asking me: So do you want a boy or a girl? Typically it seems the woman wants a girl and the man wants a boy. Oddly enough, Aimee wants a boy. Don't get me wrong, we're okay either way. I want a boy too, but my mind is wondering from things I've heard...that little boys have a closer bond to their Mothers, whereas little girls have a closer relationship to their Fathers. This is a curious thing but I do not doubt if it is true. I can either have a little boy to throw a football around with and teach him to play guitar or drums, or I can have a little girl and be her hero. I'm almost teary-eyed right now thinking about that. That's a tough choice - thankfully God gets to make that one!

We promise to let everyone know the minute we find out what we're having... so hopefully that will be no later than August 7!

No comments: